Wednesday, October 21, 2015

On Forgetting One's Camera...

Karen Luk solo show in Gales Gallery
Gallery setup with loom

... On reception night. And so there are only pictures of the gallery space without any human presence. But I did get to install the working(!) loom I built, which I felt was pretty amazing in and of itself, for me personally. Even more amazing? Visitors actually wove on it! There's a good chunk woven by people coming into the gallery! I've finished the rest of the warp, which wasn't much, and just need to finish the piece and take pictures of it.

That entire red section, plus half of the grey (below) was woven by visitors!
 The turnout was more than I could have hoped for or even imagined - a huge thank you to those who came to celebrate my show with me!

Also, take a look at that shed.
I have to say, woven into fine print is the show I have been the happiest about during the actual show itself, even just right after we finished the set-up. Everything came out just as I envisioned it, and it all came together cohesively. It's lovely when things work out just right.

Also, I will be posting images of each of the pieces, complete with detail shots, hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment